- Commit to the whole life cycle of delivering new equipment projects from start to finish.
- Produce design and test documentation.
- Develop Motion Control, PLC, HMI and SCADA software.
- Perform testing of equipment and systems.
- Carry out commissioning.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced-level experience with Siemens motion control and PLC programming an advantage (Simotion, Step7, TIA portal)
- Experience in analysing control processes, able to define the requirements and writing design specifications from scratch for software development (software design specs, functional design specs, test plans)
- 8+ years’ experience developing and writing software for the implementation of new equipment or systems.
- Knowledge of structured text, sequential function charts and ladder logic.
- Knowledge of servo drives and robotics in a manufacturing context.
- Good understanding of setting up, commissioning and fault finding of industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet) preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
What Magma Offers You
A great chance to work on truly innovation production technology in a rapidly expanding company that provides opportunity to progress your career as we expand. In return for your effort we will provide you with a strong set of benefits and a competitive salary based on your skills and expertise.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to us for review.