You will design, implement and integrate production machinery for novel production equipment being developed at Magma and our suppliers. You will be a machinery designer for development projects bringing your expertise and design skills to develop cutting edge production technology. You will understand how to industrialise production processes and lay out production equipment to work well in a production process. You will do this in a well-integrated team working with our software and electronics engineers as well as our external suppliers. You must be able to provide strong knowledge in specifying and designing the machines/processes and effectively ensure clear integration of our equipment. You will ideally be experienced in areas such as web/tow handling, design for industrial manufacturing environments, rotating machinery and close integration with drives, sensors, pneumatics and electronics. You will need good communication skills to demonstrate that you are able to clearly structure your designs and justify your choices, ensuring integration with the rest of the team. Your development skills will be used to rapidly develop our production technology into high output manufacturing lines.
- Strong design and development skills, including knowledge of mechanism design, part design, materials and manufacturing techniques
- Strong CAD and drawing skills (preferably Solid Works)
- Experienced in design for manufacture in industrial environments
- Skills in standard parts, fits & tolerance analysis (including material selection, bearings specification)
- Knowledge in interfacing to electronics and production control systems
- Effective communication and team skills to justify and discuss your designs
- Strong theoretical and practical background, from ‘back of the envelope’ calculations to hands on support of equipment build
- Happy to take on new problems and be ‘dropped in the deep end’
- Be a completer finisher that sees work through to tidy completion and documents the work you do
- A graduate with a first or upper second-class degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related subject)
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.